Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Albums I've Been Loving Lately

13.11.14


I'm the type of person who can't go a day without listening to music. Music keeps me ticking over and makes the inside of my head feel better. Today I'm going to share with you the albums I've been listening to non-stop lately, I hope you enjoy!


Ben Howard - I Forget Where We Were

How many of you saw this coming? Ever since Ben Howard released this album I've been listening to it a lot. While it's different from his previous music, I love the change. The songs are haunting and dark and just outstanding! All the songs on the album are flawless but I find myself putting 'Small Things', 'Time Is Dancing' (a brilliant one for night time drives) and 'Conrad' on repeat more than others.

Banks - Goddess

When I first heard 'Waiting Game' it gave me shivers. Jillian Rose Banks, or just 'Banks' as she's better known has the most gorgeous breathy way of singing. Her music is very moody and I love the electronic feel to some of her songs. My favourite song from this album is 'Begging For Thread,' the lyrics are so clever and the chorus is super catchy! 

Ariana Grande - My Everything

I've always liked Ariana Grande, I think she has an amazing voice and most of her songs are brilliant. When I listened to this album first it sounded to me like she'd grown and so had her music. The thing I love about Ariana is that when she performs live, she sounds the exact same as her songs. This is a great easy listening, sing-a-long type of album and there are some brilliant songs like 'Why Try', 'Love Me Harder' and 'Best Mistake'.

Mary Lambert - Heart On My Sleeve

You may recognise this talented woman's voice from 'Same Love' by Macklemore and I'm so happy she's finally got her own album! If you want songs that will physically make you feel the emotions in them, this is your girl. Her lyrics are so honest and beautiful and I just can't get enough of the track 'Monochromatic'!

Meghan Trainor - Title

Okay so I may have cheated slightly, but I promise it's worth it! While this is just an EP and not an album, it definitely deserves a mention in this post. Meghan is the girl that sings 'All About The Bass', the song that has everyone in such a tizz. While I won't go into my opinion on the whole 'skinny shamming' debacle (maybe another day), I will tell you that this girl is talented with a capital T! With a retro voice and catchy songs she's going far. I'm obsessed with the track 'Dear Future Husband'!

Maroon 5 - V

Last but by no means least is Maroon 5's new album. While I've loved them ever since the 'Sunday Morning' days, this album is my favourite of theirs by far. With a Police-esque sound on the track 'Maps' and the catchy beat in 'In Your Pocket' this album is an all rounder! Maroon 5 have brought quite an 80's pop sound to this album and I love the use of synthesisers throughout.

What have you been listening to lately? Let me know below! Thanks for reading!

Total Pageviews

Follow me on Instagram